Abandoned and Neglected Cemeteries.
Part 1. General.
§ 65-85. Definitions.
As used in this Article, the following terms mean:
(1) Abandoned. - Ceased from maintenance or use by the person with legal right to the real property with the intent of not again maintaining the real property in the foreseeable future.
(2) Cemetery. - A tract of land used for burial of multiple graves.
(3) Department. - The Department of Natural and Cultural Resources.
(4) Grave. - A place of burial for a single decedent.
(5) Neglected. - Left unattended or uncared for through carelessness or intention and lacking a caretaker.
(6) Public cemetery. - A cemetery for which there is no qualification to purchase, own, or come into possession of a grave in that cemetery. (2007-118, s. 1; 2015-241, s. 14.30(s).)