Subpart E. Foreign Trust Institution Trust Offices and Representative Trust Offices.

53-323. Foreign trust institution application for trust office or representative trust office.

Before establishing or acquiring and maintaining a trust office in this State, a foreign trust institution shall make application to the Commissioner for permission to do so in the English language and in the form required by the Commissioner. The application shall be preceded or accompanied by:

(1) Evidence satisfactory to the Commissioner of compliance with all applicable requirements of Article 15 of Chapter 55 of the General Statutes;

(2) Evidence satisfactory to the Commissioner of compliance by the foreign trust institution with any applicable requirements of its home country regulator for maintenance of capital, for expansion within the borders of its home country or within a political subdivision of its home country, and for acquiring or establishing and maintaining the trust office in this State;

(3) Evidence satisfactory to the Commissioner that the foreign trust institution is not in a hazardous condition;

(4) Unless waived by the Commissioner, a copy of the resolution adopted by the board of directors of the foreign trust institution, or similar governing body or a duly-authorized committee thereof, authorizing the trust office; and

(5) Payment of any fee set by rule.

The Commissioner may require any materials not written in the English language to be translated, and the translation certified in a manner satisfactory to the Commissioner, at the expense of the foreign trust institution. (2001-263, s. 1; 2005-269, s. 14.)