§ 50A-377. Content of temporary custody order.
(a) An order granting custodial responsibility under this Part shall (i) designate the order as temporary and (ii) identify to the extent feasible the destination, duration, and conditions of the deployment.
(b) If applicable, a temporary order for custodial responsibility shall comply with each of the following:
(1) Specify the allocation of caretaking authority, decision-making authority, or limited contact among the deploying parent, the other parent, and any nonparent.
(2) If the order divides caretaking or decision-making authority between individuals, or grants caretaking authority to one individual and limited contact to another, provide a process to resolve any significant dispute that may arise.
(3) Provide for liberal communication between the deploying parent and the child during deployment, including through electronic means, unless contrary to the best interest of the child, and allocate any costs of communications.
(4) Provide for liberal contact between the deploying parent and the child during the time the deploying parent is on leave or is otherwise available, unless contrary to the best interest of the child.
(5) Provide for reasonable contact between the deploying parent and the child following return from deployment until the temporary order is terminated, which may include more time than the deploying parent spent with the child before entry of the temporary order.
(6) Provide that the order will terminate following return from deployment according to the procedures under Part 4 of this Article. (2013-27, s. 3.)