Motor Carrier Safety Regulation Unit.
Part 1. General Provisions.
§ 20-376. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Article:
(1) Federal safety and hazardous materials regulations. - The federal motor carrier safety regulations contained in 49 C.F.R. Parts 171 through 180, 382, and 390 through 398.
(2) Foreign commerce. - Commerce between any of the following:
a. A place in the United States and a place in a foreign country.
b. Places in the United States through any foreign country.
(3) Interstate commerce. - As defined in 49 C.F.R. Part 390.5.
(3a) Interstate motor carrier. - Any person, firm, or corporation that operates or controls a commercial motor vehicle as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 390.5 in interstate commerce.
(4) Intrastate commerce. - As defined in 49 C.F.R. Part 390.5.
(5) Intrastate motor carrier. - Any person, firm, or corporation that operates or controls a motor vehicle in intrastate commerce when the vehicle:
a. Is a vehicle having a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) or gross combination weight rating (GCWR) or gross vehicle weight (GVW) or gross combination weight (GCW) of 26,001 pounds or more, whichever is greater.
b. Is designed or used to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver.
c. Is used in transporting a hazardous material in a quantity requiring placarding pursuant to 49 C.F.R. Parts 170 through 185. (1985, c. 454, s. 1; 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 621, s. 5; 1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996), c. 756, s. 20; 1997-456, s. 36; 1998-149, s. 11; 1999-452, s. 21; 2002-152, s. 3; 2010-129, s. 5.)