§ 20-280.3. Permits.
(a) Every transportation network company must obtain a permit from the Division before operating in the State. Every transportation network company must pay to the Division a nonrefundable application fee of five thousand dollars ($5,000).
(b) Every transportation network company must renew the permit annually and pay to the Division a nonrefundable renewal fee of five thousand dollars ($5,000).
(c) The Division must prescribe the form of the application for a permit and renewal of a permit.
(d) The initial application and renewal application must require information sufficient to confirm compliance with this Article and include the following:
(1) Proof of insurance meeting the requirements of G.S. 20-280.4. This subdivision does not apply to brokering transportation network companies.
(2) Resident agent for service of process.
(3) Proof the transportation network company is registered with the Secretary of State to do business in the State if the transportation network company is a foreign corporation.
(4) Policy of nondiscrimination based on customers' geographic departure point or destination.
(5) Policy of nondiscrimination based on customers' race, color, national origin, religious belief or affiliation, sex, disability, or age.
(e) The Division may retain the fees collected under this section and use the funds for its operations. (2015-237, s. 1.)