§ 20-279.18.  Alternate methods of giving proof.

Proof of financial responsibility when required under this Article with respect to a motor vehicle or with respect to a person who is not the owner of a motor vehicle may be given by filing:

(1)        A certificate of insurance as provided in G.S. 20-279.19 or 20-279.20; or

(2)        A bond as provided in G.S. 20-279.24; or

(3)        A certificate of deposit of money or securities as provided  in G.S. 20-279.25; or

(4)        A certificate of self-insurance, as provided in G.S. 20-279.33, supplemented by an agreement by the self-insurer that, with respect to accidents occurring while the certificate is in force, he will pay the same judgments and in the same amounts that an insurer would have been obligated to pay under an owner's motor vehicle liability policy if it had issued such a policy to said self-insurer. (1953, c. 1300, s. 18.)