§ 20-168. Drivers of State, county, and city vehicles subject to the provisions of this Article.
(a) Subject to the exceptions in subsection (b), the provisions of this Article applicable to the drivers of vehicles upon the highways shall apply to the drivers of all vehicles owned or operated by the State or any political subdivision thereof.
(b) While actually engaged in maintenance or construction work on the highways, but not while traveling to or from such work, drivers of vehicles owned or operated by the State or any political subdivision thereof are exempt from all provisions of this Article except:
(1) G.S. 20-138.1. Impaired driving.
(2) Repealed by Session Laws 1983, c. 435, s. 28.
(3) G.S. 20-139.1. Procedures governing chemical analyses; admissibility; evidentiary provisions; controlled-drinking programs.
(4) G.S. 20-140. Reckless driving.
(5) Repealed by Session Laws 1983, c. 435, s. 38.
(6) G.S. 20-141. Speed restrictions.
(7) G.S. 20-141.3. Unlawful racing on streets and highways.
(8) G.S. 20-141.4. Felony and misdemeanor death by vehicle. (1937, c. 407, s. 130; 1973, c. 1330, s. 30; 1981, c. 412, s. 4; c. 747, s. 66; 1983, c. 435, s. 28.)