§ 14-401.24. Unlawful possession and use of unmanned aircraft systems.
(a) It shall be a Class E felony for any person to possess or use an unmanned aircraft or unmanned aircraft system that has a weapon attached.
(b) It shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person to fish or to hunt using an unmanned aircraft system.
(c) The following definitions apply to this section:
(1) To fish. - As defined in G.S. 113-130.
(2) To hunt. - As defined in G.S. 113-130.
(3) Unmanned aircraft. - As defined in G.S. 15A-300.1.
(4) Unmanned aircraft system. - As defined in G.S. 15A-300.1.
(5) Weapon. - Those weapons specified in G.S. 14-269, 14-269.2, 14-284.1, or 14-288.8 and any other object capable of inflicting serious bodily injury or death when used as a weapon.
(d) This section shall not prohibit possession or usage of an unmanned aircraft or unmanned aircraft system that is authorized by federal law or regulation. (2014-100, s. 34.30(d).)