§ 130A-309.121. Definitions.
As used in this Part, the following definitions apply:
(1) Plastic bag. - A carryout bag composed primarily of thermoplastic synthetic polymeric material, which is provided by a store to a customer at the point of sale and incidental to the purchase of other goods.
(2) Prepared foods retailer. - A retailer primarily engaged in the business of selling prepared foods, as that term is defined in G.S. 105-164.3, to consumers.
(2a) Recycled content. - Content that is either postconsumer, postindustrial, or a mix of postconsumer and postindustrial.
(3) Recycled paper bag. - A paper bag that meets all of the following requirements:
a. The bag is manufactured from at least forty percent (40%) recycled content.
b. The bag displays the words "made from recycled material" and "recyclable."
(4) Repealed by Session Laws 2010-31, s. 13.10(a), effective October 1, 2010.
(5) Retailer. - A person who offers goods for sale in this State to consumers and who provides a single-use plastic bag to the consumer to carry or transport the goods for free or for a nominal charge.
(6) Reusable bag. - A bag with handles that is specifically designed and manufactured for multiple reuse and is made of one of the following materials:
a. Nonwoven polypropylene or other plastic material with a minimum weight of 80 grams per square meter.
b. Cloth or other machine washable fabric. (2009-163, s. 1; 2010-31, s. 13.10(a).)