GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
SENATE BILL 480
Short Title: Community Development Assistance Funds.
March 10, 2005
A BILL TO BE ENTITLED
AN ACT to appropriate funds to cumberland county for community development projects.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
SECTION 1. There is appropriated from the General Fund to Cumberland County the sum of seven hundred twenty-five thousand dollars ($725,000) for the 2005-2006 fiscal year to aid the county with community development projects. These funds shall be allocated as follows:
(1) $200,000 to acquire and develop land for the Martin Luther King Parks for tourism development and attraction of economic development.
(2) $150,000 for the Cumberland Regional Improvement Corporation to acquire and develop land for affordable homes.
(3) $50,000 for HIV/STD prevention and education in the Cape Fear region.
(4) $25,000 to purchase equipment and develop staff for The Bicycle Man program.
(5) $50,000 to support the Old Wilmington Road Association youth programs, including tutoring and summer field trips.
(6) $25,000 to aid the E.E. Smith youth programs, including after-school mentoring, Steel Magnolias and Brothers Keeper.
(7) $25,000 to support the Downtown Chess and Checker Club in its efforts to mentor children and provide a facility for senior citizens.
(8) $50,000 to aid Fayetteville State University's choir.
(9) $100,000 to support the Washington Street Elementary School Rehabilitation, which will be used as senior citizen apartments and a community and medical center.
(10) $25,000 to provide support for the Multicultural Museum's collections of African-American military memorabilia.
(11) $25,000 to support the Alpha Academy's programs for children.
SECTION 2. This act becomes effective July 1, 2005.