§ 7B-1404. State Team - creation; membership; vacancies.
(a) There is created the North Carolina Child Fatality Prevention Team within the Department of Health and Human Services for budgetary purposes only.
(b) The State Team shall be composed of the following 11 members of whom nine members are ex officio and two are appointed:
(1) The Chief Medical Examiner, who shall chair the State Team;
(2) The Attorney General;
(3) The Director of the Division of Social Services, Department of Health and Human Services;
(4) The Director of the State Bureau of Investigation;
(5) The Director of the Division of Maternal and Child Health of the Department of Health and Human Services;
(6) The Superintendent of Public Instruction;
(7) The Director of the Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse Services, Department of Health and Human Services;
(8) The Director of the Administrative Office of the Courts;
(9) The pediatrician appointed pursuant to G.S. 7B-1402(b) to the Task Force;
(10) A public member, appointed by the Governor; and
(11) The Team Coordinator.
The ex officio members other than the Chief Medical Examiner may designate a representative from their departments, divisions, or offices to represent them on the State Team.
(c) All members of the State Team are voting members. Vacancies in the appointed membership shall be filled by the appointing officer who made the initial appointment. (1991, c. 689, s. 233(a); 1993, c. 321, s. 285(a); 1997-443, s. 11A.99; 1997-456, s. 27; 1998-202, s. 6.)