The petition for an election shall contain such of the following information as may be pertinent to the proposed election:
(1) Purpose for calling the proposed election.
(2) A legally sufficient description of the area, by metes and bounds or otherwise, in which the election is requested.
(3) The maximum rate of tax which is proposed to be levied. This subdivision shall not apply to a petition for an election to enlarge a city administrative unit.
(4) If the petition is for an election to enlarge a city administrative unit, it shall state therein that, if a majority of those who shall vote in the area proposed to be consolidated with the city administrative unit shall vote in favor of such enlargement, such area shall be consolidated with the city administrative unit, effective July 1 next following such election, and that there shall thereafter be levied in such area so consolidated with the city administrative unit the same school taxes as shall be levied in the other portions of the city administrative unit, including any tax to provide for the payment of school bonds theretofore issued by or for such city administrative unit or for all or some part of the school area annexed to such city administrative unit, unless payment of such bonds has otherwise been provided for.
(5) If the petition for an election is to supplement and equalize educational advantages, and if any school districts in the area in which it is proposed to vote such a tax have heretofore voted a supplementary tax, the petition and the notice of election shall state that in the event such election is carried, it will repeal all local taxes heretofore voted in any district except those in effect for debt service in any district, unless such debt service obligation is assumed by the county or otherwise provided for. (1955, c. 1372, art. 14, s. 4; 1957, c. 1271, ss. 3-5; 1981, c. 423, s. 1.)