§ 143-214.8. Ecosystem Enhancement Program: established.
The Ecosystem Enhancement Program is established within the Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The Ecosystem Enhancement Program shall be developed by the Department as a nonregulatory statewide ecosystem enhancement program for the acquisition, maintenance, restoration, enhancement, and creation of wetland and riparian resources that contribute to the protection and improvement of water quality, flood prevention, fisheries, wildlife habitat, and recreational opportunities. The Ecosystem Enhancement Program shall consist of the following components:
(1) Restoration and perpetual maintenance of wetlands.
(2) Development of restoration plans.
(3) Landowner contact and land acquisition.
(4) Evaluation of site plans and engineering studies.
(5) Oversight of construction and monitoring of restoration sites.
(6) Land ownership and management.
(7) Mapping, site identification, and assessment of wetlands functions.
(8) Oversight of private wetland mitigation banks to facilitate the components of the Ecosystem Enhancement Program. (1996, 2nd Ex. Sess., c. 18, s. 27.4(a); 1997-443, s. 11A.119(a); 2005-386, s. 3.1.)