Part 7. Affiliate Transfers; Agent Appointments.
§ 53-420. Affiliate transfers authorized; procedure.
(a) A trust institution may make an affiliate transfer of one or more accounts subject to the provisions of this Part unless the provisions governing the account explicitly provide that an affiliate transfer shall not be made.
(b) The affiliate transfer shall be made pursuant to a written agreement between the transferring trust institution and the transferee trust institution.
(c) Between 90 and 30 days prior to the proposed date of the affiliate transfer, the transferring trust institution shall give written notice of the proposed affiliate transfer to all clients and other persons to whom the transferring trust institution last sent reports or statements for the account or to whom the next regular report or statement would be sent. The notice shall include the following information:
(1) A brief description of the proposed affiliate transfer.
(2) The client's right to object in writing to the affiliate transfer, and the physical and mailing addresses to which the written objection may be sent; the transferring trust institution also may provide electronic mail or facsimile addresses, or both, as additional methods for giving written notice of objection.
(3) The date upon which the affiliate transfer is proposed to be effective.
(4) The identity, mailing address, and telephone number of one or more employees of the transferee trust institution who can respond to inquiries if the affiliate transfer is complete.
(5) The identity, mailing address, and telephone number of one or more employees of the transferring trust institution who can respond to inquiries about the proposed affiliate transfer.
(d) Notices shall be sent to the addresses for clients or their representatives on record with the transferring trust institution and shall be effective upon receipt. Notices shall be deemed received three days after they have been posted for mailing with the United States Postal Service or deposited for delivery with a reputable courier service, with all postage or delivery charges prepaid. (2005-274, s. 2.)