§ 53‑275. Definitions.
As used in this Article, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the term:
(1) "Cashing" means providing currency for payment instruments, but does not include the bona fide sale or exchange of travelers checks and foreign denomination payment instruments.
(2) "Check‑cashing service" means any person or entity engaged in the business of cashing checks, drafts, or money orders for a fee, service charge, or other consideration.
(3) "Commission" means the State Banking Commission.
(4) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Banks.
(5) "Licensee" means a person or entity licensed to engage in a check‑cashing business under this Article.
(6) "Person" means an individual, partnership, association, or corporation. (1997‑391, s. 1.)