§ 53-275. Definitions.
As used in this Article, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the term:
(1) "Cashing" means providing currency for payment instruments, but does not include the bona fide sale or exchange of travelers checks and foreign denomination payment instruments.
(2) "Check-cashing service" means any person or entity engaged in the business of cashing checks, drafts, or money orders for a fee, service charge, or other consideration.
(3) "Commission" means the State Banking Commission.
(4) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Banks.
(5) "Licensee" means a person or entity licensed to engage in a check-cashing business under this Article.
(6) "Person" means an individual, partnership, association, or corporation. (1997-391, s. 1.)