§ 53‑208.4. Exemptions.
(a) This Article shall not apply to any of the following:
(1) The United States or any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof.
(2) The United States Postal Service.
(3) The State or any political subdivisions thereof.
(4) Banks, credit unions, savings and loan associations, savings banks, or mutual banks organized under the laws of any state or the United States.
(5) A person registered as a securities broker‑dealer under federal or state securities laws to the extent of its operation as a broker‑dealer.
(6) The provision of electronic transfer of government benefits for any federal, state, or county governmental agency as defined in Federal Reserve Board Regulation E, by a contractor for and on behalf of the United States or any department, agency, or instrumentality thereof, or any state or any political subdivisions thereof.
(b) Authorized delegates of a licensee, acting within the scope of authority conferred by a written contract as described in G.S. 53‑208.19 shall not be required to obtain a license pursuant to this Article. (2001‑443, s. 2.)