Any number of persons, not less than five, may organize an industrial bank by setting forth in a certificate of incorporation, under their hands and seals, the following:
(1) The name of the industrial bank.
(2) The location of its principal office in this State.
(3) The nature of its business.
(4) The amount of its authorized capital stock which shall be divided into shares of ten ($10.00), twenty ($20.00), twenty‑five ($25.00), fifty ($50.00) or one hundred dollars ($100.00) each: Provided, fractional shares may be issued for the purpose of complying with the requirements of G.S. 53‑88.
(5) The names and post‑office addresses of subscribers for stock, and the number of shares subscribed by each. The aggregate of such subscription shall be the amount of the capital with which the industrial bank will begin business.
(6) Period, if any, limited for the duration of the industrial bank.
This section shall not apply to banks organized and doing business prior to the adoption of this section. (1923, c. 225, s. 2; C.S., s. 225(b); 1945, c. 743, s. 1.)