§ 42A‑11. Vacation rental agreements.
(a) A vacation rental agreement executed under this Chapter shall contain the following notice on its face which shall be set forth in a clear and conspicuous manner that distinguishes it from other provisions of the agreement: "THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT UNDER THE NORTH CAROLINA VACATION RENTAL ACT. THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT ARE DEFINED BY LAW AND INCLUDE UNIQUE PROVISIONS PERMITTING THE DISBURSEMENT OF RENT PRIOR TO TENANCY AND EXPEDITED EVICTION OF TENANTS. YOUR SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT, IS EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL."
(b) The vacation rental agreement shall contain provisions separate from the requirements of subsection (a) of this section which shall describe the following as permitted or required by this Chapter:
(1) The manner in which funds shall be received, deposited, and disbursed in advance of the tenant's occupancy of the property.
(2) Any processing fees permitted under G.S. 42A‑17(c).
(2a) Any cleaning fee permitted under G.S. 42A‑17(d).
(3) The rights and obligations of the landlord and tenant under G.S. 42A‑17(b).
(4) The applicability of expedited eviction procedures.
(5) The rights and obligations of the landlord or real estate broker and the tenant upon the transfer of the property.
(6) The rights and obligations of the landlord or real estate broker and the tenant under G.S. 42A‑36.
(7) Any other obligations of the landlord and tenant. (1999‑420, s. 1; 2012‑17, s. 5.)