§ 25-9-525. Fees.
(a) Filing of initial financing statement or other record with the office of the Secretary of State: general rule. - Except as otherwise provided in subsection (e) of this section, the Secretary of State shall collect the following fees for filing and indexing a record under this Part:
(1) Thirty-eight dollars ($38.00) if the record is communicated in writing and consists of one or two pages;
(2) Forty-five dollars ($45.00) if the record is communicated in writing and consists of more than two pages, plus two dollars ($2.00) for each page over 10 pages; and
(3) Thirty dollars ($30.00) if the record is communicated by another medium authorized by filing-office rule.
(b) Filing with the register of deeds. - The fees to be collected by the register of deeds for filing and indexing a record under this Part are provided under G.S. 161-10(a)(13).
(c) Number of names. - The number of names required to be indexed does not affect the amount of the fee in subsection (a) of this section.
(d) Response to information request. - The fee for responding to a request for information from the office of the Secretary of State, including for communicating whether there is on file any financing statement naming a particular debtor, is:
(1) Thirty-eight dollars ($38.00) if the request is communicated in writing; and
(2) Thirty dollars ($30.00) if the request is communicated by another medium authorized by filing-office rule.
Upon request the office of the Secretary of State shall furnish a copy of any filed financing statement or statement of assignment for a uniform fee of two dollars ($2.00) per page. This subsection does not require that a fee be charged for remote access searching of the filing office database.
(e) Record of mortgage. - This section does not require a fee with respect to a record of a mortgage which is effective as a financing statement filed as a fixture filing or as a financing statement covering as-extracted collateral or timber to be cut under G.S. 25-9-502(c). However, the recording and satisfaction fees that otherwise would be applicable to the record of the mortgage apply. (1866-7, c. 1, s. 1; 1872-3, c. 133, s. 1; Code, s. 1799; 1893, c. 9; Rev., s. 2052; C.S., s. 2480; 1925, c. 302, s. 1; 1927, c. 22; 1935, c. 205; 1945, c. 182, ss. 2, 4; c. 196, s. 2; 1955, c. 386, ss. 1, 2; c. 816; 1957, cc. 564, 999; 1961, c. 574; 1965, c. 700, s. 1; 1967, c. 562, s. 1; 1969, c. 1115, s. 1; 1971, c. 1170; 1973, c. 1316, s. 1; 1975, c. 862, s. 7; 1977, cc. 156, 295; 1983, c. 713, s. 23; 1987, c. 792, s. 6; 1989, c. 523, s. 4; 1991, c. 164, s. 1; 1997-456, s. 55.3; 1997-475, s. 5.4; 2000-169, s. 1; 2003-284, ss. 35B.1(a), 35B.1(b); 2015-206, s. 2.)