Reciprocal Provisions as to Arrest of Nonresidents.
§ 20-4.18. Definitions.
Unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and phrases, for the purpose of this Article, shall have the following meanings:
(1) Citation. - Any citation, summons, ticket, or other document issued by a law-enforcement officer for the violation of a traffic law, ordinance, rule or regulation.
(2) Collateral or Bond. - Any cash or other security deposited to secure an appearance following a citation by a law-enforcement officer.
(3) Repealed by Session Laws 1979, c. 667, s. 2.
(4) Nonresident. - A person who holds a license issued by a reciprocating state.
(5) Personal Recognizance. - An agreement by a nonresident to comply with the terms of the citation issued to the nonresident.
(6) Reciprocating State. - Any state or other jurisdiction which extends by its laws to residents of North Carolina substantially the rights and privileges provided by this Article.
(7) State. - The State of North Carolina. (1973, c. 736; 1979, c. 667, s. 2; 1981, c. 508; 1999-452, s. 6.)