§ 20-356. Definitions.
As used in this Article, the following terms mean:
(1) Department. - The Department of Transportation.
(2) House. - A dwelling, building, or other structure in excess of 15 feet in width. Mobile homes, manufactured homes, or modular homes, or portions thereof, are not within this definition when being transported from the manufacturer or from a licensed retail dealer location to the first set-up site.
(3) Housemover. - A person licensed under this Article.
(4) Person. - An individual, corporation, partnership, association, or any other business entity.
(5) Secretary. - The Secretary of the Department of Transportation.
(6) Unsafe practices. - Any act that is determined by a final agency decision of an enforcing agency or by a court of competent jurisdiction to create a hazard to the motoring public, or any citations under the Occupational Safety and Health Act that have become a final order within the last three years for willful serious violations or for failing to abate serious violations, as defined in G.S. 95-127. (1977, c. 720, s. 1; 1979, c. 475, s. 2; 2001-424, s. 27.17(a); 2005-354, s. 1; 2008-89, s. 1.)