§ 20‑341. Definitions.
As used in this Article:
(1) The term "odometer" means an instrument for measuring and recording the actual distance a motor vehicle travels while in operation; but shall not include any auxiliary odometer designed to be reset by the operator of the motor vehicle for the purpose of recording mileage on trips.
(2) The term "repair and replacement" means to restore to a sound working condition by replacing the odometer or any part thereof or by correcting what is inoperative.
(3) The term "transfer" means to change ownership by purchase, gift, or any other means.
(4) The term "transferee" means any person to whom the ownership in a motor vehicle is transferred or any person who, as agent, accepts transfer of ownership in a motor vehicle for another by purchase, gift, or any means other than by creation of a security interest.
(5) The term "transferor" means any person who or any person who, as agent, transfers his ownership in a motor vehicle by sale, gift or any means other than by creation of a security interest.
(6) The term "lessee" means any person, or the agent for any person, to whom a motor vehicle has been leased for a term of at least four months.
(7) The term "lessor" means any person, or the agent for any person, who has leased five or more vehicles in the past 12 months.
(8) The term "mileage" means the actual distance that a vehicle has traveled. (1973, c. 679, s. 1; 1989, c. 482, s. 1.)