§ 20-292.1. Supplemental temporary license for sale of antique and specialty vehicles.
Any dealer licensed as a motor vehicle dealer under this Article may apply to the Commissioner and receive, at no additional charge, a supplemental temporary license authorizing the off-premises sales of antique motor vehicles and specialty motor vehicles for a period not to exceed 10 consecutive calendar days. To obtain a temporary supplemental license for the off-premises sale of antique motor vehicles and specialty motor vehicles, the applicant shall:
(1) Be licensed as a motor vehicle dealer under this Article.
(2) Notify the applicable local office of the Division of the specific dates and location for which the license is requested.
(3) Display a sign at the licensed location clearly identifying the dealer.
(4) Keep and maintain the records required for the sale of motor vehicles under this Article.
(5) Provide staff to work at the temporary location for the duration of the off-premises sale.
(6) Meet any local government permitting requirements.
(7) Have written permission from the property owner to sell at the location.
For purposes of this section, the term "antique motor vehicle" shall mean any motor vehicle for private use manufactured at least 25 years prior to the current model year, and the term "specialty motor vehicle" shall mean any model or series of motor vehicle for private use manufactured at least three years prior to the current model year of which no more than 5,000 vehicles were sold within the United States during the model year the vehicle was manufactured.
This section does not apply to a nonselling motor vehicle show or public display of new motor vehicles. (2003-113, s. 1.)