§ 163-166.10. Procedures after the close of voting.
The State Board of Elections shall promulgate rules for closing the voting place and delivering voting information to the county board of elections for counting, canvassing, and record maintenance. Those rules shall emphasize the need for the appearance as well as the reality of security, accuracy, participation by representatives of more than one political party, openness of the process to public inspection, and honesty. The rules, at a minimum, shall include procedures to ensure all of the following:
(1) The return and accurate accounting of all official ballots, regular, provisional, voted, unvoted, and spoiled, according to the provisions of Article 15A of this Chapter.
(2) The certification of ballots and voter-authorization documents by precinct officials of more than one political party.
(3) The delivery to the county board of elections of registration documents and information gleaned through the voting process that would be helpful in the accurate maintenance of the voter registration records.
(4) The return to the county board of all issued equipment.
(5) The restoration of the voting place to the condition in which it was found. (2001-460, ss. 3, 3.1.)