§ 14-118.13. Venue.
In any criminal proceeding brought under this Article, the crime shall be construed to have been committed:
(1) In the county in which the residential real property for which a mortgage loan is being sought is located;
(2) In any county in which any act was performed in furtherance of the violation;
(3) In any county in which any person alleged to have violated this Article had control or possession of any proceeds of the violation;
(4) If a closing occurred, in any county in which the closing occurred; or
(5) In any county in which a document containing a deliberate misstatement, misrepresentation, or omission is filed with the official registrar of deeds or with the Division of Motor Vehicles. (2007-163, s. 1.)