§ 115C‑64.9. Evaluation.
The Committee shall evaluate the impact of the dropout prevention grants awarded under this Article. In evaluating the impact of the grants, the Committee shall consider:
(1) How grant funds were used, including the services provided for teen pregnancy prevention and for pregnant and parenting teens;
(2) The success of the program or initiative, as indicated by the evaluation process stated in its grant application;
(3) The extent to which the program or initiative has improved students' attendance, test scores, persistence, and graduation rates;
(4) How the program or initiative was coordinated to enhance the effectiveness of existing programs, initiatives, or services in the community;
(5) What, if any, other resources were used in conjunction with the grant funds;
(6) The sustainability of the program;
(7) The number, gender, ethnicity, and grade level of students being served as well as whether the students left school due to pregnancy or parenting responsibilities;
(8) The potential for the program to serve as a model for achieving successful academic progress for at‑risk students; and
(9) Other indicators of the impact of the grant on dropout prevention.
The recipients of the dropout prevention grants awarded under this section shall report to the Committee on Dropout Prevention by January 31, 2011, and annually thereafter. The reports shall provide information to assist the Committee in conducting its evaluation. The reports shall include a statement that the recipients used grant funds for the purposes appropriated by the General Assembly and complied with applicable laws, regulations, and terms and conditions of the grant documents. The Committee shall make an interim report of the results of its evaluation of the grants awarded under this section by March 31, 2011, to the Joint Legislative Education Oversight Committee. The Committee shall make a final report of the results of its evaluation of the grants awarded under subsection (c) of this section by November 15, 2011, to the Joint Legislative Education Oversight Committee. (2009‑451, s. 7.13(c); 2010‑31, s. 7.19(d); 2011‑266, s. 3.2.)