§ 106‑581.1. Agriculture defined.
For purposes of this Article, the terms "agriculture", "agricultural", and "farming" refer to all of the following:
(1) The cultivation of soil for production and harvesting of crops, including but not limited to fruits, vegetables, sod, flowers and ornamental plants.
(2) The planting and production of trees and timber.
(3) Dairying and the raising, management, care, and training of livestock, including horses, bees, poultry, and other animals for individual and public use, consumption, and marketing.
(4) Aquaculture as defined in G.S. 106‑758.
(5) The operation, management, conservation, improvement, and maintenance of a farm and the structures and buildings on the farm, including building and structure repair, replacement, expansion, and construction incident to the farming operation.
(6) When performed on the farm, "agriculture", "agricultural", and "farming" also include the marketing and selling of agricultural products, agritourism, the storage and use of materials for agricultural purposes, packing, treating, processing, sorting, storage, and other activities performed to add value to crops, livestock, and agricultural items produced on the farm, and similar activities incident to the operation of a farm. (1991, c. 81, s. 1; 2005‑390, s. 18; 2006‑255, s. 6.)