§ 106‑277.7. Labels for vegetable seeds in containers of more than one pound.
Vegetable seeds in containers of more than one pound shall be labeled to show the following information:
(1) The name of each kind and variety present in excess of five percent (5%) and the percentage by weight of each in order of its predominance.
(2) Lot identification.
(3) Repealed by Session Laws 2009‑455, s. 5, effective October 1, 2009.
(4) For each named vegetable seed:
a. The percentage of germination exclusive of hard seed.
b. The percentage of hard seed, if present.
c. The calendar month and year the test was completed to determine such percentages.
In addition to the individual percentage statement of germination and hard seed, the total percentage of germination and hard seed may be stated as such, if desired.
(5) Net weight, except when in bulk as defined in this Article.
(6) Name and address of persons who labeled said seed or who sells, offers or exposes said seed for sale within this State. If the seeds are labeled by the shipper for a consignee within this State, the shipper may use his approved code designation with the name and address of the consignee.
(7) No tag or label shall be required, unless requested, on seeds sold directly to and in the presence of the purchaser and taken from a bag or container properly labeled.
(8) Such other information as the Board shall prescribe by rule. (1941, c. 114, s. 4; 1943, c. 203, s. 2; 1945, c. 828; 1949, c. 725; 1959, c. 585, s. 1; 1963, c. 1182; 1971, c. 637, s. 5; 1995, c. 47, s. 3; 2009‑455, s. 5.)