§ 105-160.3. Tax credits.
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, the credits allowed to an individual against the tax imposed by Part 2 of this Article shall be allowed to the same extent to an estate or a trust against the tax imposed by this Part. Any credit computed as a percentage of income received shall be apportioned between the estate or trust and the beneficiaries based on the distributions made during the taxable year. No credit may exceed the amount of the tax imposed by this Part for the taxable year reduced by the sum of all credits allowable, except for payments of tax made by or on behalf of the estate or trust.
(b) The following credits are not allowed to an estate or trust:
(1) G.S. 105-151. Tax credits for income taxes paid to other states by individuals.
(2) G.S. 105-151.11. Credit for child care and certain employment-related expenses.
(3) G.S. 105-151.18. Credit for the disabled.
(4) G.S. 105-151.24. Credit for children.
(5) G.S. 105-151.26. Credit for charitable contributions by nonitemizers.
(6) Repealed by Session Laws 2004-170, s. 17, effective August 2, 2004.
(7) G.S. 105-151.28. Credit for long-term care insurance.
(8) (Expires for taxable years beginning on or after January 1, 2013) G.S. 105-151.30. Credit for recycling oyster shells.
(9) G.S. 105-151.31. Earned income tax credit.
(10) G.S. 105-151.32. Credit for adoption expenses.
(11) G.S. 105-151.33. Education expenses credit. (1989, c. 728, s. 1.38; 1998-1, s. 5(b); 1998-98, ss. 10, 105; 1998-212, s. 29A.6(b); 2004-170, s. 17; 2006-66, s. 24.18(f); 2007-323, ss. 31.4(b), 31.5(b), 31.6(b); 2011-330, s. 36; 2012-79, s. 2.6.)