GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
Section 1. G.S. 86A-12 is amended as follows:
(1) in the first sentence, by inserting between the word "issue" and the phrase "a license to applicants" the phrase ",without examination,";
(2) by designating the first paragraph subsection (a), by designating the second paragraph subsection (c), and by inserting a new subsection between subsections (a) and (c) to read:
"(b) The requirements in subdivisions (1) or (5), or both, of subsection (a) of this section may be waived by the Board provided that the applicant presents evidence satisfactory to the Board that the applicant:
(1) has met the licensure requirements of the state in which he received his license;
(2) has at least five years practical experience; and
(3) demonstrates his knowledge of barbering skills and of the sanitary regulations in North Carolina by passing a practical, written or oral examination."
Sec. 2. This act shall become effective October 1, 1987.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 18th day of May, 1987.