HOUSE BILL 329
AN ACT RAISING FEES OF REGISTERS OF DEEDS.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
Section 1. G.S. 161-10(a) is amended by adding the following at the beginning:
"Except as provided in G.S. 130-40, all fees collected under this section shall be deposited into the county general fund."
Sec. 2. Subdivisions (1), (3), (5), (6), (7), (8), (9), (10), (17) and (18) of G.S. 161-10(a) are rewritten to read:
"(1) Instruments in General. For registering or filing any instrument for which no other provision is made by this section, whether written, printed, or typewritten, the fee shall be four dollars ($4.00) for the first page, which page shall not exceed 8-1/2 inches by 14 inches, plus one dollar and fifty cents ($1.50) for each additional page or fraction thereof. A page exceeding 8-1/2 inches by 14 inches shall be considered two pages.
(3) Plats. For each original or revised plat recorded - twelve dollars and fifty cents ($12.50); for furnishing a certified copy of a plat - three dollars ($3.00).
(5) Registration of Birth Certificate One Year or More after Birth. For preparation of necessary papers when birth to be registered in another county - five dollars $5.00); for registration when necessary papers prepared in another county, with one certified copy - five dollars ($5.00); for preparation of necessary papers and registration in the same county, with one certified copy - ten dollars ($10.00).
(6) Amendment of Birth or Death Record. For preparation of amendment and affecting correction - two dollars ($2.00).
(7) Legitimations. For preparation of all documents concerned with legitimations - seven dollars ($7.00).
(8) Certified Copies of Birth and Death Certificates and Marriage Licenses. For furnishing a certified copy of a death or birth certificate or marriage license - three dollars ($3.00).
(9) Certified Copies. For furnishing a certified copy of an instrument for which no other provision is made by this section - three dollars ($3.00) for the first page, plus one dollar ($1.00) for each additional page or fraction thereof.
(10) Comparing Copy for Certification. For comparing and certifying a copy of any instrument filed for registration, when the copy is furnished by the party filing the instrument for registration and at the time of filing thereof - two dollars ($2.00).
(17) Qualification of Notary Public. For administering the oath of office to a notary public and making the appropriate record entries as provided in G.S. 10-2 - five dollars ($5.00).
(18) Reinstatement of Articles of Incorporation. For filing reinstatements of Articles of Incorporation prepared pursuant to G.S. 105-232; such fees as provided for instruments in general. The fee shall be paid by the corporation affected."
Sec. 3. All local acts or portions of local acts in conflict with any of the provisions of this act are repealed.
Sec. 4. Chapter 161 of the General Statutes is amended by adding a new section to read:
"§ 161-4.1. Salary in counties where fees formerly allowed.-In any county where during the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1980, and ending June 30, 1981, the register of deeds received fees in addition to salary, and retained them personally as allowed by local act, the salary of the register of deeds in such county in any future fiscal year shall not be less than the sum of the salary plus fees received in the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1980 and ending June 30, 1981."
Sec. 5. This act shall become effective August 1, 1981.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified, this the 10th day of July, 1981.