SENATE BILL 834
AN ACT TO CHANGE THE DISTRICTS FOR THE PENDER COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
Section 1. Section 1 of Chapter 245, Session Laws of 1947, as amended by Sections 1 and 2 of Chapter 212, Session Laws of 1949, is amended by rewriting the section to read:
"Section 1. For the purpose of electing its county commissioners, the County of Pender is divided into five districts, as follows:
(1) District 1 shall consist of Burgaw Township.
(2) District 2 shall consist of Topsail Township.
(3) District 3 shall consist of Grady, Long Creek, and Rocky Point Townships.
(4) District 4 shall consist of Canetuck, Caswell, and Columbia Townships.
(5) District 5 shall consist of Holly and Union Townships."
Sec. 2. This act shall become effective beginning with the 1984 primary and election.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified, this the 17th day of June, 1982.